pooboo Studio Bike Quick Review
Overall: A belt drive exercise bike for under $400 has to be a total piece of junk right? The pooboo studio bike is here to prove the haters wrong. While there are things that make it clear this isn’t a Peloton or NordicTrack, it still holds its own within its price category.
|Comfort and fit||★★★★☆|
pooboo exercise bike review highlights:
Are pooboo studio bikes any good?
- BELT DRIVE: Ask anyone who has tried a bike without a belt drive and one of the most common complaints is how noisy the bike can get. The pooboo belt drive will keep things nice and quiet, with one reviewer mentioning that they keep it in the bedroom and work out while their spouse is sleeping without them waking up.
- PRICE: In the world of exercise bikes and home studio classes, you can thousands of dollars for top of the line equipment, or you can go cheaper and roll the dice a bit. The pooboo is generally considered to be one of the best options in the sub-$500 category.
- EASY ASSEMBELY: Even if you’re not super handy, you’ll have the pooboo exercise bike up and spinning within 30 minutes. While other bikes have lots of random parts and confusing instructions, most users won’t have a hard time getting the pooboo set up.
pooboo exercise bike review lowlights:
- DURABILITY: While not always true, some people have reported that this bike doesn’t stand the test of time. While that can make things frustrating for people, this makes the pooboo more of a starter bike for someone looking to try SPIN classes out before diving in with a more intermediate model.
- COMFORTABLE, BUT…: This bike fits the average body type just fine, but doesn’t have the range of more expensive bikes when it comes to height. If you’re taller than 6’4″
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: While it’s hard to expect the pooboo customer service team to drop everything and help when the bike itself costs less than $400, customers do complain about slow response times and sometimes non-existent help. YMMV.
- The design and color scheme of the pooboo studio bike aren’t exactly subtle. If you’re considering this bike, you’re definitely looking to make a statement in your workout room.
- The seat is huge. Some people love this, others hate it.
We’ll keep things pretty simple here. If you like what you see above, the pooboo studio bike will be a great option for you. If you’re reading any of the above and thinking, sounds like I better spend more money to get a higher quality bike, we recommend you do so.
The “exercise bikes for less than $500” category can be messy and confusing, but the pooboo keeps it nice and simple. This bike is easy to assemble, doesn’t have a ton of bells and whistles, and for most users, is a great way to get an at-home SPIN class routine going.
We really like the placement of the computer and tablet holder on the pooboo too, keeps sweat off the computer, and the tablet holder makes accessibility to the screen easy even while riding.
It’s also really important, and can’t be understated, to note how nice belt drive exercise bikes are for keeping noise down while you work out. If this is your first bike, you probably won’t notice how much of an improvement this is over non-belt drive bikes, but you could easily set this one up in a bedroom or rec room and nobody else in the room would end up too bothered by the bike’s noise while you pump watts.
pooboo manufacturer specs
- Material: Steel
- Flywheel: 35lbs
- Overall Dimensions:43.8*21.6*48.1In
- Product weight：75lbs
- Ergonomic resistance bar for more comfortable rotation and press down.
- Maximum user weight of cushion standpipe: 270lbs
- Maximum user weight of armrest standpipe: 100kg
- Customized Design: Fully Adjustable Seat and Handlebars Fit to Whole Family. Bottle Cage Attached, Adjustable Pedals and Elbow Supports.
- Intensity Resistance: Heavy-duty Steel BELT-DRIVEN System With a 30lbs Bidirectional Flywheel, Equipped With a Continuously Variable Resistance Adjustor, enjoy true road feel!
- Digital Records: LCD Monitor Tracks Time, Speed, Distance, Calories, and Heart Rate By Hand Pulse
- Heavy-duty Frame: 0.12” Solid Steel Frame.
- Easy Move: Easy Transportation by Wheels, Easy Adjustment For Uneven Floor Surfaces By Floor Levelers.